Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who do I contact to get a credit line established with Used Flatbeds For Sale?
- Contact the central offices at Used Flatbeds For Sale at 334.558.0860 Mon-Fri between 8 AM and 5 PM CST
2. I am a shipper and need to get set up...How do I do this? Several things are required to get your company set up with Used Flatbeds For Sale:
- Credit Application completed Federal ID/Tax ID Shipping Address Billing Address Contacts for Billing Phone/Fax numbers for billing DUNS # Credit referenced (if applicable) - Used Flatbeds For Sale is set up with several large carriers, which is beneficial to shippers by giving us more access to trucks across the nation. If this interests you, please notify the dispatch staff and additional credit applications will be needed.
3. What are your Payment Terms?
- The maximum terms Used Flatbeds For Sale will agree on are Net 30. This means your company has 30 business days to pay your freight bill(s) in full. Used Flatbeds For Sale also offers 2/10, Net 30 Terms - if you pay your freight bill with 10 days, you can subtract 2% from the linehaul charges only.
4. How long is the process to get set up with credit?
- The process can usually be taken care of within 1-2 business days. Sooner, if you have an urgent shipment that needs to be picked up the same day.
5. What is a DUNS number?
- This stands for Data Universal Numbering System. It is a system developed and regulated by Dun & Bradstreet. They assign a number to single business locations. The number aids in their credit reporting practice.
6. What is Used Flatbeds For Sale Safety Rating?
- Used Flatbeds For Sale received a Satisfactory rating in February 2009. A field agent for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration completed this safety audit. The audit was done at our request.
7. How is Used Flatbeds For Sale Safety Program different from other trucking companies?
- Used Flatbeds For Sale has created over 50 Standard Operating Procedures outlining our entire safety program. This helps us better communicate to our drivers and staff the importance of safety.
8. Why should the safety rating matter to the Shipper or traffic manager?
- You have peace of mind knowing that your shipment will reach your customer unharmed. A solid safety program ensures that our drivers will not be put out of service for Hours of Service Violations and that our equipment will not be shut down due to non-conformance and your shipment will arrive safely and on time to your customer within legal guidelines.
9. What are the company requirements for drivers?
- We require at least 3 years over the road trucking experience and at least 2 years of which is on flatbed trucking. We also require all our drivers to have a Coil Certification on file in accordance with Alabama Law.
10. What type of equipment does Used Flatbeds For Sale use to secure my cargo?
- As outlined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Pocketbook section 393 subpart I, we utilize chains, binders and straps. Click the following link for details on how to secure a load
11. What is SaferSys?
- It is a safety and fitness electronic records system that is inundated with carrier safety recordings and services associated with the transportation industry. How do I look up a carrier in safersys? You may visit the website www.safersys.org
12. How do I locate a carrier using their US Dot #, MC#/MX# or by name using Safersys?
- Once you have entered the website scroll towards the bottom until you see company snapshot and click that category.
Used Flatbeds For Sale has a professional database of carriers in the state you are looking for. If we can't help you, we will certainly be happy to guide you in the right direction. Thanks for choosing Used Flatbeds For Sale as you transportation solution.